The Environment Action Association (EAA) has just announced their very first annual environmental video contest “The Greener me, the Better us.”
EAA invites you to submit a funny, creative video portraying how each of us can reduce our environmental impact and what we can do to protect Mother Earth.
Topics include but are not limited to: energy & water conservation, recycling, composting, buying local, reusing, and consumption, etc.
Anyone 18 years or older living in US is invited to use a camcorder, camera or mobile device to record a video clip two minutes or less.
To enter, you can upload the video to either of the following:
- EAA Facebook Page ‘Environment Action Association
- Your “YouTube” account under the subject of EAANYC-The Greener me, The Better us and tag EAANYC.
Videos will be judged on originality, creativity, adherence to theme and number of page views generated.
The contest runs from Jan 5 to March 5, 2012. Winning videos will be announced on Earth Day and available for online viewing at environmentaa.org and on the EAA facebook page.
Rules of the contest:
- Videos must be PG rated
- Videos should be 2 minutes or less
- Finished videos must be uploaded to YouTube
- You may submit more than one video
- If filming others, you must have their permission before it gets posted to YouTube
- Videos must be posted and the link along with the entry form sent to [email protected] by no later than midnight Eastern Time, Monday, 5 March 2012 to be included in the competition.
- Entry forms are available upon request by emailing [email protected]
- First place -$300 cash
- Second place -$200 cash
- Third place -$100 cash
The Environment Action Association reserves the right to eliminate any video is done is poor taste, deemed inappropriate and/or does not meet the requirements above.